My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Eat With Me: On a Sunday

A little background info:

Many readers have emailed me and wonder what I eat like when I'm not blogging about it.

I mean, is it all a set up?
Can I be trusted?
Do I have the integrity of a slimy politician or am I as honest as a Texas sundown?
Do I really live out of a bag of Cheetos all week, suck all the orange powder off my fingers, then pop some zucchini in my mouth when the camera starts snapping?

I have to say that what I eat when I'm not blogging about it is pretty much the same as when I do blog about it.  Pretty boring.

In an attempt at 100% transparency,  I brought the camera around with me on a Sunday -- a day I've never done an Eat With Me post on.

Being that I'm not trying to lose weight right now, the weekends mean I relax somewhat and just enjoy the food.

So, I'm blogging about the food I never blog about.  Until now.

OK, let's get down to the post:

Calorie Budget:
the same as always I suppose -- 1,242 or something like that?

Workout:
 Nada.  I don't workout on Sundays.  It's my day of rest, hallelujah :)

P9180049

7:30 AM
Breakfast:

Large mug full of Shredded Wheat
skim milk
handful of blueberries
a few walnuts

I love Shredded Wheat cereal. However, I love to eat too much of it.  That poses a problem for me since it is high in calorie and I can pack it away without blinking an eyelash.  So, I like to save it for Sunday mornings when I know I will be skipping my mid-morning snack since I'm at church.  That way, I can indulge  in a larger serving and be happy and full.

Going to Church
Johnny Scott grabbed some socks for me to put on him for church.  Pink with hearts.  I went with it.  It beats the "no-socks-look" he went with last week.

He got into my Sunday bag and found the Singing Sunglasses (I am in charge of leading the music for the children at church.)

P9190076

Our church is on the long-ish side: three hours.  Even though I've been going to church every Sunday that long since I was a kid, I am still starving by the end.  In order to avoid scraping crumbs off the floor of my minivan and eating them, I have a big bottle of water waiting for me in the car.  If I can chug that, my hunger is tamed to a low roar rather than a desperate howl.

P9190079

1:00 PM
Lunch

Flatout Artisan Bread
4 slices of turkey
1/4 of a green pepper
a few slivers of red onion
hummus
a little bit of avocado

See that nectarine?  I DID NOT EAT IT.  I took one bite and there was something IN THERE.  Some big, weird, brown growth was on the pit and I grossed out and threw it in the garbage ASAP.
I cannot write about this anymore.
I am gagging all over again.

P9190081

So, instead of the nectarine I decided to have some TM Snack Mix.

P9190088

And I was on a roll!
A banana...
Sunday randoms

Sunday afternoon randomness
(this was all before the luxurious Sunday nap)

The kids playing with their Dad's golf clubs while he's not home to stop them.
Flowers picked for mom by my lovely boys.
Me hiding in a corner, trying to eat in peace.
Never happened.
I had the young one narrating my every move.

P9190091

4:00 PM
Post-nap snack:


I told you I'm an addict.

Sunday mess

Let the Sunday cookin' begin!

P9190134

The simple Sunday spread:

Pear, Pecan, and Goat Cheese Salad (recipe coming soon!)
Homemade whole wheat rolls (recipe coming soon!)
Fresh fruit

P9190146


Candles.  Every Sunday meal tastes better with candles.
Plus, the kids get their pyro fix.

I just realized Johnny Scott has a roll on his head.  I honestly did not know that when I snapped the photo.  I was trying to show you what well-mannered children I have at the formal dining room table.  So much for that.

P9190142

Dinner
6:30 PM

I was not that hungry, actually, After working that long on dinner, I just wanted to TASTE everything.
I can report that I finished off everything except my soup.
I had to save it for the next day.
My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

P9190151

And, finally, DESSERT.

My mom made Ghirardelli brownies.  Warm.  Slightly undercooked.  Perfection.  Topped with a scoop of Dreyers Slow Churned Vanilla ice cream.

Of course, I was totally full.
But I ate it anyway.

So, here is the evidence that I do cheat.
And why I'm always slashing those calories during the week to maintain my weight.

And now you know everything.  I feel cleansed.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

15 comments:

megan said...

I KNOW that your oldest son's sport coat came from his grandfather :)

Trainer Momma said...

The seersucker, ice cream man from the 1950's sports jacket? OF COURSE, that came from my dad! :)

Unknown said...

Can I come to yourhouse for dinner?? That looks better than what I have on Sunday.

Trainer Momma said...

Sunday dinners are always better with guests. If you are ever in town, Eileen, you must come over for a Sunday feast!

The Martin Family said...

Good to know you are normal. I love your blog!

Amy said...

and this Sunday.. you're having roast beef, potatoes, salad (please bring that BTW), rolls... and some yummy dessert that'll have you rolling your eyes with happiness! :)

Those brownies look delish! Tell your mom I want some! :D

SavvyNess said...

the fact that you think fritos have orange powder on them proves that you don't eat junk food very often. those are cheetos with the orange powder. lol! your pictures made me hungry. yum.

lbb said...

ghiradelli brownies...a staple at our home, esp. on sundays! glad to finally see some chocolate round here!

Trainer Momma said...

Vanessa,

Ha! You caught me :)

I was laying in bed last night and it hit me:

CHEETOS!

Cheetos have the orange powder, not Fritos! I got up and quickly changed it, but not before your comment. That is pretty funny.

Charlotte said...

Your Sundays sound just like mine! And I can never get my 3rd boy to wear socks either!! I'll have to buy him some with pink hearts and see if that does the trick.

Lyndsey said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I just found it the other day and i have been sharing it with everyone! I have to say that all week i have been trying to figure out if you are LDS, not that it matters but don't us LDS always look for other members. Thanks for sharing, i did wonder if you waited for those brownie splurges til after you lost weight, or did you do them all along just once a week?

Anonymous said...

We have the dreaded 11-2 block right now...starving! I eat a protein bar with my kids between sacrament meeting and primary. I just can't make it to 3:00 when we finally get home!

knygard said...

How many calories do you allow yourself when you are trying to loose weight? BTW You are my new favorite person, totally motivating. Love the support you give for others living the "gym mom" lifestyle:)

Jilly Bean said...

Dang, girl, you've got discipline! That was letting down your guard and splurging?? I'm so impressed with your nutritional discipline. Not to mention you go to that long church meeting. Well, I do too. :)

Lori said...

I bet you make a fabulous primary chorister! Your Sunday meal looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails