Green Salad with Meatballs and Peppers
by www.trainermomma.com
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
1 1/2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
5 meatballs, slightly warm (find recipe here)
1/2 of a roma tomato
1/3 of a cucumber
4 baby carrots, sliced
1/2 cup red, orange bell peppers, sliced
2 Tb feta cheese, reduced-fat
2 Tb Kraft Sicilian Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette
Lay the spinach and lettuce down and top with the rest of the vegetables, meatballs, and feta. Toss with the dressing and whala! Yum.
285 calories.
Click here for a printable version of this recipe.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


5 comments:
That salad sounds fantastic ~ but I'm suprised you would advocate a salad dressing with soybean oil in it ~ as that is usually hydrogenated oil and your previous post just stated how horrible hydrogented oils are for us.
I did take a look at the back of the bottle and there is soybean oil in it. Soybean oil in and of itself isn't as great as other oils, but does have some of the good fats in it. However, many manufactures have ruined yet another oil by hydrogenating it (adding hydrogen to it). It doesn't say it is "partially hydrogenated soybean oil", just "soybean oil". So, I'm hoping they didn't pull a fast one on me. That's definitely something to think about!
Perhaps if you aren't comfortable using that dressing on it, you can use some olive oil with some great spices. Yum!
Dear Trainer Momma!
Love your blog! Thank you for sharing all you know so freely with others. I started working out a couple of months ago when I started reading your blog. You are inspiring. I also love reading your blog because it helps me find new foods to eat. I am 30 years lod, 5-4 and 105lb. I have a totally different problem then most Americans - I struggle to keep my weight, and I have no appetite. My question is, how can I gain weight by eating healthy? I've always been thin, I am from Eastern Europe and never learned to like junk food, and I struggle to gain weight. I also can't eat spicy/greasy/sugary for medical reasons. If I don't eat those things, what's there to eat to gain weight? I'll leave my email just in case belarusia@hotmail.com. Appreciate any suggestions you have!
I just found out about your blog and I have to say, I'm hooked. My friends and I are doing our own version of The Biggest Loser (from July 15th - Oct. 15th), so far I've lost 15 lbs, but I am always needing new ideas and inspiration. So, it looks like that is you. :)
Thanks for doing this!! I appreciate your help. I added your button in my "Favorite Place in the World" spot on my blog.
Post a Comment