This salad is one we ate at a favorite restaurant of ours on the River Walk called the Iron Cactus. I love how this can be a meal in itself when paired with some lean protein or as a side salad. The grapefruit is the shining star in this dish.
Citrus Spinach Salad
by www. trainermomma.com
source: adapted from the Iron Cactus
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 of a medium grapefruit
1/2 of a medium orange
1/4 cup blueberries
2 Tb pecans
1/2 cup garbanzo beans
2 Tb goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tb Orange Citrus Vinaigrette dressing (find recipe here)
Just pile all ingredients on top of spinach. Drizzle with Orange Citrus Vinaigrette. Yuuuum.
375 calories.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!



2 comments:
That looks so good! I am not a cook at all but I find myself printing more of your recipes! I made your minestrone and my husband the will not eat anything that looks remotely healthy guy loved it! Kids loved it too!
Can't wait to make this salad and dressing!
I am still sore from your chest and triceps workout I did on Friday!
I LOVE this salad at the Iron Cactus!!!
Post a Comment