![]() |
| There are some beans in there. Somewhere. Hiding. |
Breakfast Burrito
by www.trainermomma.com
1/2 cup egg white substitute
1/4 cup red and orange peppers, chopped
2 Tb refried beans, fat-free
1 100% whole wheat tortilla
2 Tb cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
2 Tb salsa
freshly ground pepper to taste
Chop up the peppers and pan fry them with nonstick cooking spray on the stove at medium high heat. When they start getting tender, pour egg whites in with the peppers and scramble up egg whites. Add ground pepper to eggs. When eggs are done, remove from heat.
Spread refried beans on tortilla and top cheese. Pop it in the microwave for about 25 seconds until warm. Remove from microwave and add egg and pepper mixure.
"Roll" up the burrito (good luck with that one! ") and top with your favorite salsa.
248 calories
For a printer friendly version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


3 comments:
Hey Mandi,
I'm curious about using egg white substitute... Why not use just egg whites? Is the substitute any different nutritionally?
Kara -- No major difference, really. Only convenience. 1/4 cup of egg substitute is equal to rougly 2 egg whites. So, instead of cracking open 4 or sometimes I need 6 eggs for the egg whites, I just buy egg substitute in bulk at Costco and use that. It freezes well and I use it all the time.
Yes, Convenience is the main difference. I also find that the egg white substitute is somewhat thinner than the actual egg whites. I always add a little milk to the substitutes.
Post a Comment