My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Basic, Bare-Bones Grocery List

Tonight's the LAST NIGHT to sign up for the 
$50 Target Gift Card Giveaway! 


So, I made it home to my husband and kiddos safely.  Along with the mountain of laundry that so patiently awaited my return, I also came home to a refridgerator that looked like this:

What to Eat Post Trip - 01


I had a few things in the pantry (beans, sauces, some brown rice and pasta).   I had some things in the freezer (chicken, lean ground beef, salmon).  However, I had no time for meal planning so I just needed to get a jump start on the week.  Basically, I just needed the basics to keep us alive.

Basics


**My Basic Bare Bones Grocery List**

Fruits
apples
peaches
bananas
pears
grapes
cantaloupe
spinach
berries

Vegetables
head of romaine lettuce
broccoli
sweet potato
green pepper
red pepper
green onions
red onion
sweet onion
bag of baby carrots
avocado

Dairy
skim milk
vanilla soy milk 
18 eggs
low-fat cottage cheese
fat-free Greek yogurt
small yogurts for the kids
reduced fat cheddar cheese
string cheese
goat cheese crumbles
reduced fat feta cheese 

Whole Grains

100% whole wheat bread
100% whole wheat tortillas
corn tortillas
whole grain cereals for the kids 

Favorite Extras
walnuts
hummus so my husband will love me more
all natural peanut butter
low sugar preserves
applesauce, unsweetened


Now my refridgerator looks something like this:

What to Eat Post Trip - 31

Ahhhh, much better.  I know with these basics I can cook some favorite meals, make some killer salads, throw together a decent soup, and keep us alive for yet another week.

That's all I'm going for.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think we have the exact same fridge! The model, I mean. :)

I restocked our fridge yesterday and am so, so happy. A full fridge makes me happy.

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

it was so nice of them to clean out the fridge for you!

Trainer Momma said...

I have one of those models where the fridge is on the top and the freezer is on the bottom. I LOVE IT. When I babysit toddlers, the freezer is their favorite toy. Open, close, open, close.

Anonymous said...

SO, I had a coupon for Fage and I tried the 0% like you have in your fridge. OH MY! What creamy, yummy goodness it was! I had plain fat free yogurt this morning. Well, it just was NOT the same!

Related Posts with Thumbnails