With all this talk about volumetrics, how about this broth based soup? Easy, fast, and lasts for days. Low in calorie, high in water content. Perfect-a-mundo.
Souped Up
adapted from The Abs Diet 6 Minute Meals for 6-Pack Abs
2 carrots, chopped (I used pre-chopped matchstick carrots)
1 large onion, chopped
4 zucchini or yellow squash, chopped (GLORIOUS!)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tb olive oil
3 cans (16 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz) diced Italian-seasoned tomatoes
1/2 cup canned corn
6 oz chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly groundpepper
1 tsp oregano
2 cups spinach -- I did not have this :(
In a large stock pot, saute carrots, onion, zucchini, and garlic in oil until soft (around 6 minutes).
Add broth, beans, chicken, corn, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir well, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour. Just before you are ready to eat, stir in spinach and let it wilt (about 2 minutes).
One 2 cup serving is 234 calories.
For a printer friendly version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!



4 comments:
mmmmmmm. that looks good!
Thank you SO much for always posting the recipes for all these delicious meals you show in your "Eat with Me" posts.
I love making big pots of soup so there are leftovers for the week. I do this a lot during the winter, now my kitchen is so hot I can't take being in there!
Mmmm. That looks so good. This soup will be perfect once its time to harvest my summer crops.
Post a Comment