My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Healthy Cookies

Now this, THIS, is hands down our favorite healthy cookie.  My SIL Laura created these years ago and we've been eating them regularly as long as I can remember.  My kids beg to make these and they do. All.  The.  Time.  The cinnamon and chocolate combo cannot be beat.


Healthy Cookies
by Sister-In-Law Laura

1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 cup rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together.  Spoon onto cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Other mix-in options:  raisins, craisins, flax seed, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, walnuts, anything really.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

This batch made 53 cookies.  That makes it 88 calories each.

Click here for a printable version of this recipe.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

7 comments:

megan said...

ahhh...the RED PLATE SPECIAL...a favorite growing up and now a favorite with my kids!!

Genevieve said...

Oh! This recipe is alot like one in Naturally Thin--instead of applesauce it calls for one ripe banana. Very yummy! I'll have to try it with applesauce!

Marci said...

Thanks for sharing this! I can't wait to try it.

Alisa J said...

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I just made some of these, and seriously, they cannot be healthy! They are awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Maria

On My Fitness Journey said...

My boys aand I made these this afternoon for a snack after lunch.. they loved them. This will be in the lunch box this fall as a treat. Thanks so much for this kid tested recipe.

Katie said...

Seriously, so good! Can't believe their is no butter. I LOVE cookies and these are on my favorite list now. Even my hubby liked them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails