My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies

These small little treats are just delicious.  We couldn't keep them on the counter very long.  I'm sad they're gone!


Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies

1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
1/2 cup applesauce, no sugar added
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup reduced sugar raspberry or strawberry jam

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients (minus the jam) in a bowl and mix well.

Scoop tablespoons of dough, and form into balls and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the cookies are puffy. Remove from oven, and make indentions in centers by pressing with your thumb (do it quickly, those suckers can be hot!). Return to the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.

Heat jam in a small saucepan, stirring, until loosened, about 30-45 seconds. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each indention. Store cookies in a single layer. Enjoy.

These freeze well.

Yield - 40 cookies
61 calories per cookie

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.


Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

7 comments:

Chiemi said...

Oh my gosh that looks so yummy!

Alicia said...

I never new cookies could come in that few of calories. YUMMY!

Alisa J said...

Any cookie that is 60-something calories immediately is welcome into my collection of cookies. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Dani Spies said...

Yum!! ALl it takes is a little peanut butter presented in cookie form to take me from blog "lurker" to "commenter" - LOL! These look amazing. They are now added to my "cookies-to-try" list.

Miranda Robertson said...

I am going to make these RIGHT NOW! Thanks.

Diane Raymond said...

I can't resist anything with peanut butter. It is pure yummyness! I will try these out on my little folk. Thanks for sharing!

Alisa J said...

I tried these tonight. My husband and I love them! He started eating them before I had the jam on them. I asked him if he wanted jam on them, and he was like, "Oh, I will eat them with jam too!" They are tasty. I like the cookie, and think I will use it for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies as well or peanut butter cookies with a kiss on top. Yum. The possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails