My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tofu Asian Salad

This idea came from Fit Momma Natalie.  When I posted last month about Fixin' to Make a Salad, Natalie left this comment:

I am a huge eater of the tofu. Love it. I love to pan fry it in a little bit of hoisin sauce until it's brown and crispy all the way around, and it has absorbed all the yummy flavors...droooool! So dang good!


Hhhmmm, I could do this.  It turned out LOVELY and I ate this salad for days.



Tofu Asian Salad
by www.trainermomma.com

2 cups spinach
3 oz firm tofu
1 Tb hoisin sauce
1/4 cup red bell peppers
1/4 cup orange bell peppers
1/4 cup red onions
1/2 orange
1 Tb slivered almonds, roasted
edemame -- I did not have this the time, but would be a perfect addition to this salad.
1 Tb Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Reduced Fat Dressing

Take tofu and pan fry it with some Pam on medium high heat.  Spread the Hoisin sauce on it and let it get "brown and crispy all the way around" as Natalie instructs.



Assemble the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, then after the tofu has cooled a bit, slice and place on salad.  Toss with dressing.

WOW.

268 calories.


Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I've been playing with tofu and ever since she left this comment, it's been my favorite way to eat tofu. LOVE IT!

Tina @ www.commoncentshome.blogspot.com said...

When you say that you eat a salad for days, how do you do that? Do you mix up one gigantic salad and serve yourself off of the same already prepared salad or do you keep the ingredients in the fridge and make up a salad each day? I'm just trying to find the balance between having easy meals and not having soggy salads. Thanks for all that you post. I'm loving your page and the information!

Trainer Momma said...

I used to make salads in bulk, then eat soggy salads for days. Now, I just have all the ingredients and make it fresh every day. If I know I'm going to go through a pepper, I'll slice the whole thing up at one time. I try to precut things the best I can and if I know they'll keep. Sometimes I'll make up a bunch of chicken and use it for days. Most days I make the time.

BB said...

oh wow! this looks so great, I shall be making it after the next shopping trip.
Another idea with Tofu, put it in your smoothies instead of a protein powder.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you tried tofu this way! The extra few minutes to make it nice and crispy is sooooo worth it! My mouth is watering now...

Chiemi said...

Oh yum! I wish I could get tofu a little cheaper where I live.

Krista said...

YUM!!
Thanks for posting this!! We eat tofu all the time and haven't tried it this way yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails