My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hummus Tuna Bagels

I got this from a fun new cookbook, I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening! by Devin Alexander (the chef from Biggest Loser).  I do recommend it (although I wish it had more pictures -- ALL cookbooks should be loaded with pictures!).  She has some great suggestions, many simple recipes, and introduced some foods that are new to me.  Definitely a great addition to my cookbook addiction collection.


Hummus Tuna Bagels
from I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!


1 can albacore tuna in water, drained
2 Tb of garlic hummus (I used roasted red pepper since I am IN LOVE with it)
2 whole wheat mini bagels, halved and toasted
4 very thin slices of onion

Mix the hummus and tuna until combined.  Divide the tuna evenly among the 4 bagel halves.  Top each with red onion.  Serve immediately.

Each (1 bagel or 2 halves) has 200 calories.

For a printable version of this recipe click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

4 comments:

Alisa J said...

I am completely addicted to cookbooks too. My husband thinks I am weird, but, can you really have too many recipes? I think not. I someday will get this book. I like watching her cooking shows on FitTV.

I am LoW said...

I can't wait to try it! I love all things called for in the recipe. And the Biggest Loser cookbook is very good too.

The Whatcott Fam said...

Yum! Where do you find your whole wheat mini bagels? I've bought mini bagels at Trader Joe's but they're only "wheat" not whole wheat, so basically not nutritious.

Tiffany said...

That sounds wonderful - I love tuna and hummus so why not try pairing the two! Hummus is a much better idea than mayo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails