
Several of you have asked for a training program to guide you through these next few weeks. Well, guess what showed up in my inbox today? Men's Health Magazine put out its Triathlon 6-Week Training Program. Perfecto! You need to do the short quiz at the beginning to find your Fitness Level. Then you can use any of the four programs provided. Very helpful and doable.
Find the link here:
Just a note: this is just a guide. And this is supposed to be fun. If you get off the program for a day or two, just hop back in. This race is a perfect entry race, so if you don't follow this program exactly, you will still be totally fine.
HAVE YOU SIGNED UP YET? If not, here's the link: Windcrest Freshman Triathlon. Sign up before April 1st in order to get the better deal.
I still want to invite any other locals, or not so locals, to join us in our tri. And, if you are not nearby, stick your neck out and try a tri! Or any new event! There's no feeling that can match crossing that finish line.
Please, pretty please, email me here if you would like to join us. I send out emails periodically to keep us all on the same page and don't want you left out of the loop! Also, friends, spouses, parents, boyfriends, kids are all welcome to join us -- the more the merrier :)

7 comments:
Ok I know nothing about tri's... tell me about the swimming part. How far? Is it usually across a lake? Are you expected to not drown? Hahaha.... I am not a strong swimmer. I am a strong sinker... so would need a lifevest. Can you give me any info on that part?
The swim in this tri is a mere 200 meters -- that is 8 lengths. It is in a pool and we start one at a time. It is a snake swim: swim up the lane, swim back the lane, then go under the lane line to the next lane. You repeat this 4 times until you are done! Easy, a bit chaotic, but simple. Truly, there are people doing breaststroke, sidestroke, back stroke, even bouncing on the bottom occasionally. This will be the least of your worries!
I SO wish I was closer I would love to give this a tri! I have feared the mucky waters of the lake and have never come across a pool swim anywhere..
Good luck to all of you! I look forward to race reports!
Going to check out the training plan now!
Some tris I've been in they even give the weaker swimmers noodles. I'm not kidding. I saw it with my own eyes. They just really want people to give it a shot!
Noodles??????? REally??? Well I could do the pool with a noodle. How far is your bike?
This bike is only 10 miles and the run is 2 miles. Perfect for newbies!
i found one in my area in June....excited but nervous and hope to find someone to do it with me!!!
Post a Comment