My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Making the Switch

PC to Mac




Photo on 2010-03-24 at 14.31


This is how its going.   I can't find any of my pictures, it took me 15 minutes just to learn how to cut and paste, I haven't even attempted to figure out how to upload videos.  Good news --  I did find my email! I definitely will be hitting the Apple Store ASAP.

Complaining aside, I'm having a ball with this new Mac.  Big plans, big plans.  But for today, I am just lucky to find the power button.

Song of the day:  Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

11 comments:

Christina said...

too funny--when i first read it i thought it said Making the STITCH! i was thinking oh crap we are sewing now?!??! im not CRAFTY!!

PHEW.

getting started on the MAC is def NO FUN--LOTS of patience!

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

be strong- i am 2 months into the switch and its mostly great now. there are some seriously fun apps.

ps. if you figure out how to switch all your movies and music over to your new itunes, let me know.

Ashley said...

I felt the same way when we got our Mac when our computer got stolen. I still have days when I want to pull my hair out, but little by little it is coming.

Amy said...

I had to sit there and wonder why everything was backwards in your house..... LOL New computer!! Wahoo!

Gelareh @ Nutritious Foodie said...

lol, love your face in that pic :)

I am afraid of making the switch...

The Ball Babies said...

MACs are the best!!! I love ours and know you will love yours too! Isn't the keyboard the best??? Love the fun photo booth and iphoto. You will too! Just think, no more viruses! Good luck...

workout mommy said...

you crack me up! It's the best switch you will make, trust me. Once you go MAC, you never go back! :)

Crystal Star said...

Jealous! Someday. Although I'm more comfortable here in PC land, the Mac possibilities have me drooling. Right now I'm consumed with my new boyfriend the iPhone!

jennyonthespot said...

HaHa!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Awesome!!!! :)

Jamie. said...

The transition is hard but worth it. I was super proficient on my slow (and now defunct) PC, but when I switched to the Mac I literally called them within minutes of turning it on. Six months later I'm happy to say that I LOVE it. Take their classes, check out their online tutorials at apple.com, and when all else fails, google your question + mac. :) Good luck!

jt said...

If they still offer the one-to-one classes, buy them for sure. It was the best thing I ever did.

One of the things I use most often is the command + shift + 4 all at once. You can then take a screen shot by dragging over what you want while holding down the mouse and then letting go when you have the area you want highlighted. Whatever you take the screen shot of, will now be on your desktop.

Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails