My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Eat With Me: 3/4/10

Trainer Momma is giving away
two -- count it -- TWO
TJ Maxx $50 gift cards.

Back to business...

Calorie count for the day:

1,486 + 258 workout calories =1,744 total calories

5:30 AM
Pre-workout Scarfdown:

1 slice of whole wheat bread

100 calories







8:00 AM
Breakfast:

3/4 cup Egg Scramblers
1/4 cup grated sweet potatoes
2 Tb salsa
1 orange
1 cup skim milk

288 calories



11:00 AM
Mid-Morning Snack:

1 apple
1/4 cup roasted soy nuts

246 calories



1:00 PM

Lunch:

Sweet Potato Bacon Salad (find recipe here
This was the best salad I've had in weeks.  Now that's saying something.

327 calories

I am on a complete sweet potato kick.  I cannot get enough.  I just bake a bunch at the beginning of the week and throw them in everything.



4:00 PM

Mid-afternoon Snack:

Blueberry Protein Shake w/ flax seed

265 calories

I put about 5 ice cubes in this baby and let it mix for around 4 minutes and it gave me nearly 2 cupfuls of bliss!  Did I share with my kids?  
HECK NO.



6:00 PM
Dinner:

1 3/4 cups of Gruel
1/2 pear

242 calories

OK, this is one of the meals that I wish I wasn't blogging about.  I am a lover of all things lentil.  I've been wanted to make this Lentil Soup for several months and finally did.  Soup would not be an accurate description of this glop -- gruel is more like it.  I felt like my kids were the orphans from Oliver Twist.  Ha!  
 
It actually tasted fantastic, but if I let it cool even a little it seriously turned into mortar.  I could have built a very sturdy brick wall with this stuff.  One of these days I will pass on a wonderful Lentil Soup recipe, but this is not the one :)

Of course, if YOU have a wonderful Lentil Soup recipe -- email me ASAP!



9:00 PM
Before bed snack:

1 cup skim milk
1 Chocolate Chip Garbanzo Bean Cookie (recipe here)

177 calories

Yes, if I have the calories and the craving, I'll eat one of these occasionally ;)


I was under by 100 calories. Good night!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Wow...I just read your story. And I saw you commented on the post about my brother...I could not possibly need more motivation then him...what's my problem? I need a trainer!

alyssa said...

GREAT lentil soup recipe. seriously, five thumbs way up.
http://thisweekfordinner.com/2007/01/31/lentil-soup/
i didn't use any of the ham/sausage because I'm a vegetarian, and I also used vegetable broth in place of chicken broth... it's delish!

Melissa said...

I just made a lentil soup last night and everyone (even the kids) loved it. I will email it shortly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails