I learned a few things about Johnny Scott by doing this: He doesn't eat as much as I thought. Also, having healthy food choices in the house is the ticket for one his age. If I had chips and cookies around here, the boy would insist on eating that junk (and so would the rest of this clan).

4:00 PM

11 comments:
i love his name! but i am partial to double names!! y'all would fit right in down South! :) great job on getting your little ones to eat healthy!!
Ok Mandi, I've discovered your website, read your story and admire you even more. WE MISS play dates with JS! Alright, I want your thoughts: Ryah is a carb junkie, I can't get her to eat a n y thing savory. Plain WW pasta and cereal are her foods of choice. I am working on an all around family diet change-- x-ing processed foods, white flour, sugar-- working to whole, nutrient rich foods, but Ryah is my anti. What would your first steps be?
Wow! He eats 3 times as much as my almost 3yo... Maybe that's why she weighs a whopping 22lbs! Good job on getting him to eat!
Oh man, do I love Pirate Booty! I could eat a whole bag if I didn't measure a portion out first.
When my kids were that age (18 months- 3 years) they didn't/wouldn't eat at regular meal times. They liked to graze all day instead. So I got some ice cube trays and filled each section up with something healthy from each food group, put it on the kitchen table, and they would eat from that all day long. It helped me see how much they were eating which was helpful. I still tried to feed them at regular meal times, and some days they did eat, but for quite some time I used the nibble trays.
That wrap looks so good! I need to try that one out!
one question: how the heck did you go to mcdonald's and your kids didn't beg for something to eat?
oh, and pirate's booty is such a hit around here.
Natalie -- THAT is brilliant. I will have to do that -- especially for my boys! They would actually think it was fun. Then I wouldn't have to keep kicking them out of the kitchen.
Liz -- my kids just KNOW that mom ain't gonna buy them nothin' @ McD's. I never have and never will. My kids have even totally embarrassed me and walked up to the counter and told the workers that their mom wouldn't buy them anything because their food wasn't healthy. Nice. Their dad, however, is a different story. Occasionally when I am gone they conspire against me and make a McD's trip.
Truly, we NEVER take the kids out to eat. It's just a waste of $$ for us (since they don't eat 1/2 of what we buy) and typically I just can't stand the food.
Food snob? Yes.
what no china for dinner plates?! jk--
and oooo did i see a temple in a photo! love it--
I would be thrilled if my kids would eat this much, really. But I think my biggestest challenge is to get them so eat healthier. Thanks for the inspiration!
I just found your blog and your "eat with me" posts are my favorite. My family is constantly refining what we eat and working for good nutrition-- your blog is so practical and helpful-- inspiring!
Post a Comment