My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies

I have not lost it, I promise -- these puppies are good.  I found it in Jessica Seinfield's "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook (which was a disappointment in my opinion).  But, I tweaked this recipe to be a bit more healthy and it is a winner in our house.  The chickpeas add some fiber and just shrivel up and blend right in.  Even your husband won't suspect a thing.





Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
by www.trainermomma.com
adapted from Deceptively Delicious

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar free applesauce
2 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt







Exhibit A:  
I did add the chickpeas.  I promise.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all the ingredients and bake between 11-13 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

After a day refrigerate to store.  That is, if there are any left after a day.

87 calories per cookie


4 comments:

Orion's Mommy said...

I have the same cookbook and found it disappointing as well, but these sound yummy and will have to try them soon!

Chiemi said...

I so need to make these!

The Hedges said...

Made these today and Caleb can't stop eating them. Thanks!

Greg and Michelle said...

I made these tonight for FHE, and didn't tell my hubby or son the "secret" and they loved them! :) Thanks for the great idea!

I also bought that cookbook, and was dissapointed too but I do like the idea of "hiding" healthy things into recipes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails