It's funny. It's like looking forward to summer camp for months, then getting and there panicking because it suddenly dawns on me that I don't know anyone. Luckily, I hit it off with several gals and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting other fitness and health bloggers who speak "the lingo".
I made sure to bring one of my favorite food bloggers Dani Spies some of my homemade bread. By the time I cradled it through the airport, sent it through the x-ray machine (nope, no switch blades hidden in there!), made sure it wasn't smashed in an overhead bin -- I was happy to hand it off to her and let her enjoy it.
I ran along side Kim during the early morning 5K run (and am happy to report my knees were SUPERIOR, thank you very much!). She gave me the run down on her coming face to face with Jillian Michael's-- hhhmmm. Interesting.

I hung out with Gelerah for most of the day and we enjoyed several meals out together as well. We had refreshing conversations and shared some delicious food. Thanks, Gelerah, for making it a memorable weekend!
I even ran into Jeff R. from POM (you know, that pomegranate juice in the curvy bottle?) who I remember from my BYU days. I'm pretty sure I freaked him out when I asked him if he was colorblind (he's the only colorblind person I've ever met) and then started rattling off several of his high school friends who were my buddies at BYU. And it turns out he hung out with and knows all about my cousins in Arizona. It's a small world after all!
You know, when I leave my home base (as rare as it is), it really gives me an opportunity to step out of the mad spin of life and assess, analyze, and refocus on what is important to me. I sat on the waterfront there in Baltimore, watched the boats come in and out of the harbor, and just reflected. Just thought. I simply don't do that enough. As moms, none of us get the opportunity to do that enough. Do you agree? We wake up, workout, then start meeting everyone else's needs, then fall into bed at an entirely-too-late hour. I'm not complaining about this, honestly, I'm not. It's just reality.
Another part of my reality picked me up late from the airport with a welcoming smile and warm arms (thanks, Jared:). And yet another 3 parts of my reality woke up bright and early to give me big hugs, reports of the weekend, letters written to me during the 2 days I was gone, and automatic laughs.
I like this reality.
Anyway, enough deep thoughts. I'm refreshed and ready to tackle the laundry and grocery shopping that patiently waited for me until I returned home.

2 comments:
Sounds nice!
The bread was SO delicious... I can't even begin to explain! Home made bread..OMG.. just amazing!
Thank you again for traveling it half way across the country:)... I am forever gratefull!
It was great to meet you!!
Post a Comment