Another challenge was that my workout didn't even squeeze out 300 calories (see above paragraph for explanation). So, I knew I had a little discipline to exert today.
My food budget was 1,480 + 290 for my workout = 1,770 calories for the day
6:00 AM
Preworkout scarfdown:
1 medium banana
105 calories
8:00 AM
Breakfast:
1 1/4 cups of Kashi Vive Cereal
3/4 cups of skim milk
2 Tb walnuts, chopped
333 calories
10:30 AM
Mid-morning snack:
1 medium pear
15 crackers
207 calories
12:30 PM
I WAS STARVING Lunch:
Trainer Momma Concoction (see recipe here)
1 cup mixed fruit
294 calories
I cannot explain it, but I was dyyyyyying hungry by this time. When the kids are home, the Doc is home, and we haven't gone anywhere that day sometimes ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS FOOD. I hate that. So, I took a step back, a deep breathe when I entered the kitchen and thought, "What can I get the most bang for my buck in here?" These Trainer Momma concoctions fill me up to the brim every time.
3:30 PM
Mid-afternoon Snack:
1 Detour Bar
6:30 PM
Dinner:
1 1/2 cup Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1 cup grapes
210 calories
I cannot post the recipe to my Chicken Noodle Soup because, sadly, it was a big let down. I added some killer spices, veggies, it was quick and fast -- and my kids looked at me while they were eating and asked, "Why doesn't it taste like, um, anything?"
So, here's my question:
Do you have a great homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe?
I'd LOVE to have a peek and I'd love to try it. My family, OK let's be honest, the Doc has several soup limitations.
If there is any chance that he will even bring a spoon near it, it has to:
1. Have no onions. The Doc + onions = volcanic eruptions.
2. No cooked tomatoes.
And for me it must:
1. Use whole wheat noodles (have a recipe for homemade ww noodles? I WANT IT!)
2. Be low in calories and high in nutrient dense foods.
3. Be low in sodium.
Now that I've completely tied your hands behind your back, please email it to me here!
7:00 PM
One lucscious, warm, to.die.for. slice of homemade Whole Wheat Bread.
1 Tb jam
155 calories
What?!? What's all that yelling about out there? The bread recipe? You mean, THE bread recipe? The one you've been so politely asking for for months now?
It's coming to a Trainer Momma blog near you! Check back tomorrow for tomorrow's post!
I was under by 150 calories. I did it! I conquered the "kids are at home" day!

8 comments:
So I'm excited for the ww bread recipe and the other soup recipes posted here from others. But an easy easy one for my family is chicken (I can my chicken- do you?)- broth (I always have to add some low-sodium broth to the natural broth from the chicken), chopped carrots, we do onions because my husband can not do celery, but you could do celery I bet- and then I either do whole wheat noodles or chunked red potatoes. BUT here's the key- lots of pepper (good pepper) and rosemary. Comfort food for me!
P.S. This is a regular in our home mainly because my chicken is canned, I can the carrots and I can the red potatoes so it's all on my shelf cooked and I just heat and add the rosemary & pepper. EZ!
YAY, I can't wait for the bread recipe. Could you do one thing though? Since you are counting calories, and seem to know how much of the bread you can eat for how many calories, could you please post that too. That would be so helpful. I am dying to try this recipie, but since I am also counting calories, I won't eat anything unless I have the calorie information. If you know how many ounces or however you messure it, that's what I'm talking about. Don't know if that made any sense.
love it-so what happened to ur 15 crackers for ur mid-morning snack?! did they turn into almonds!? hhehe
my MIL comes EVERY monday and makes a HUGE pot of soup-she fills it CHOCK FULL of veggies--it is FABULOUS! then we can eat it all week long as well as for dinner monday nights--HEAVEN! my kids are NOT PICKY eaters--so whatever she puts in there, my kids eat it up-and believe me it has TONSSSS of stuff in there...
ohhhh warm homemade whole wheat bread sounds lovely--excited for your recipe
as i was cruising thru fresh & easy today getting my grub for the week for me..i wanted to make some sort of healthy muffin but totally forgot your recipe-dangt! so tomorrow i will look it up again and then get the stuff for it--id like to try your ww choco cookies too...
and question i see that you are eating differen brand of protein bars--is one better then the other? fresh & easy has different kinds but i saw that before you were eating the "pure" brand...
I prefer the Pure Protein brand. More protein and better taste. I was eating the Doc's Detour Bars for a while since we'd run out of the others.
How can your family room be so clean at 3:30pm when the kids have been home all day? How is that possible!?
That is not my living room, that's how! We were at my daughter's piano lesson. There are no children living in that house right now, only the teacher and her cat :)
ohhhh okay--ya the PURE bars are actually REALLLLLY good--my favorite of course is all that yummy THICK chocolate surrounding the good stuff-grub grub GRUB!
Post a Comment