Brian is the SNACK KING. I swear he had a sack of Wheat Thins in his hand when I delivered him. He'd much rather snack all day than eat at meals. It is because of Brian that I have to "open" and "close" the kitchen during the day. I basically have to drop kick him out of the kitchen constantly. Yes, I know he is a growing boy and trust me -- the boy eats. I just like him to eat the meals I cook too. So, I have to watch him a little closer than Miss Tressa.
Here we go:
7:00 AM
Breakfast:
1 1/2 whole wheat waffles
2-3 Tb pure maple syrup
1/2 banana
1 boiled egg
water
12:00 PM
Lunch:
1 turkey and cheese sandwhich made on whole wheat bread
1 Light "Green" yogurt (he only likes green, a.k.a. lime)
1 no sugar added applesauce
1 apple
1 baggie of Pirate Bootie (our version of Cheetos)
3:15 PM
After school snack:
yet another applesauce (a Brian favorite)
1 turkey dog on a whole wheat bun (um, you will see Brian eat a lot of these)
6:00 PM
Dinner:
1 Bean and Cheese Tostada (see recipe here)
1/2 orange (he hates them)
1 cup of skim milk
8:30 PM
Post-basketball, pre-bedtime snack:
Another tostada. Plain this time.

7 comments:
My little brother was like that eat everything in sight. :)
It is always so interesting to me to see what other people feed their kids. I'll have to try the bean and cheese tostada on mine! And the egg WITH the waffle for breakfast...good idea.
we have snack kiddos here too--i never buy chips, soda, cookies, candy etc etc--they can pick from popcorn, apples, oranges, banana, string cheese, raisins...
and then we CLOSE THE KITCHEN at 5pm--no snacking after that so they will eat at 6...
i notice when we have "no fun snacks" there is WAY LESS SNACK ATTACKS going on over here--
Loved seeing what you're feeding your kids:)
Question, does he eat that whole lunch? My daughter is 6 years old, and is in first grade...the only thing usually gone from her lunch is the sandwich! However, I have a feeling it's because she spends toooo much time chatting!
Knowing this kid, he eats every single bite of his lunch. My daughter, well, I'll never know. They have to throw away all the trash before I see it.
My four year old is exactly the same way. He was born two weeks early weighing in at 9lb 12oz. He's already surpassed height and weight of my six year old. He is a snacker and has NO self control on junk food. My husband and I got in this disscussion last night when I told him to get rid of the donuts he bought for a church activity, because I didn't want them in the house for me or the kids to be tempted by. That's when he replied, "they're just kids, let them enjoy them." SERIOUSLY??? That's when I informed him of my goals of making us and the kids eat healthier and start to learn now of appropriate food chioces so they don't have weight struggles like both their parents when they grow up. I think that convinced him a little of my side :) He's going to love me for posting this on Trainer Momma.
Go Alicia! Like I always say, if we don't moderate what our kids eat, who will?
Post a Comment