![]() |
| From Collages |
Santa scored big time this year when he pulled this one out of the sack. I can't get over how much they love it.
I must admit, my kids are daredevils due to some well placed encouragement from their parents. It's in my roots. My parents threw us in the ocean to swim, had us climbing trees, repelling, canoeing, ropes courses, mountain biking, water skiing all at young ages. High adventure family. It is a wonder that I ever ended up so overweight when left to my own devices. Ah, well, what's past is past.
Cut to now, and the Doc and are I all about what can get the kids outside and moving (luckily we live in Texas where we can pull that off more months than not).
The zip line ran Santa around $100, was the only thing Santa brought the kids besides their stockings, and has been a HUGE hit. Friends and neighbors are coming over to try it and there are smiles all around.
Yes, we've had just a few scrapes. The zip line runs through the middle of two trees. Santa thought it was a brilliant idea. They've only slammed into the trees a few times, but are fast learners.
They've gotten very creative lately--sometimes I just can't look outside. They remind me of some good memories a few summers ago:
![]() |
| From Costa Rica 2008 |
Man, it feels good to feel good.



11 comments:
How super fun!!
im coming over on monday to ride the zip line.
This was seriously the best idea EVER - it's all your daughter talks about. : )
That is awesome!!! I want one!!!
How fun is that! My kid's would love it. What a great idea!
I love Costa Rica! My husband and I spent the summer there about 12 years ago. It was the most fun we ever had! His parents were living there at the time, and so we got to travel around all over the place and see everything. So fun! Where did you go?
ok I was too afraid in costa rica to go upside down...we didn't get helmets!
We went to San Jose, Jaco, Monteverde, Volano Arenal. Hhhmmm. Surfing, zip lines, cloud forests, hiking, white water rafting, hot spring. Why aren't we all living there? Pura vida!
I'm a huge chicken and don't think I could ever get on one of those! My palms started sweating when I saw your picture! Yikes!!! The beaches, surfing, hiking, and cloud forests would all be my speed!!! :)
That zip line is freakin' awesome! I wish my parents had given me something like that! I love reading your blog. It always makes me want to go do something active. I think I'll go swimming now. :)
Oh I'm so jealous! I love ziplining! Have you two thought anymore about going to the Cypress Valley Canopy Tours? Though they might not let you pull a stunt like the one in the picture. (:
Post a Comment