My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Power Cream of Wheat

I found this Instant Cream of Wheat at the grocery store and gave it a whirl. It brought me back to my Grandma Melba's kitchen with the pink dishwasher and watching her stir her lumpless cream of wheat on her double boiler to perfection. Then to top it off, we'd get out her sugar bowl (the only person I'd ever met who had a sugar bowl), load it with sugar and have it swimming in melted butter.

Um. I didn't use sugar. Or butter. Sorry, Grandma.

But, here's the new and improved (?) Power Cream of Wheat:




Power Cream of Wheat

1 packet of Instant Cream of Wheat
2/3 cup water
1 scoop protein powder
1/8 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup berries of any kind

Just throw the Cream of Wheat, water, protein powder in a microwavable bowl and zap it. When it comes out, splash it with some skim milk. Sweeten with the berries.



1 comments:

BrendaKaye said...

Ah this brought back great memories for me. My round Grandma had a lazy susan on her kitchen table, and it always had a sugar bowl and Tang on it (along with the usual salt and pepper). I really like your eat with me posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails