My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eat With Me...

Here we go... Come and eat with me! I shot for around 1,700 calories today. Here's the verdict:

From January 2010
6:15 A.M.
Pre-workout scarf down:
1 slice of whole wheat bread
24 oz of water
I workout early, but just can't stomach an entire meal that early.
I've found this will get me through my workout just fine (and prevent me from seeing stars).

From January 2010
8:20 A.M.
Breakfast:

Power Oatmeal

1/2 c dry rolled oats cooked with water
1 scoop Whey Protein Powder
cinnamon
vanilla

Cook in microwave for 3 minutes.

Top with 1/2 fresh blueberries.
Splash with a bit of skim milk.

YUM.

From January 2010
10:40 A.M.
Mid-morning snack:
1 Pure Protein Bar
Plus a 1/2 of an apple that I forgot to snap a picture of because I downed it too fast.
24 oz of water.

From January 2010
1:30 P.M.
Lunch (a.k.a. Heaven in a Bowl):

Pear Walnut Salad

1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups of fresh romaine
1/2 roma tomato
1/4 avacado
1/2 pear
1 green onion
1 Tb. diced pecans
1 Tb. reduced fat feta cheese
1/2 c garbanzo beans
2 Tb. Kraft Reduced Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette

Throw it all in MY salad bowl (I use this lady nearly every day. We are close).
Put the lid on it.
Shake it for 10 seconds while my 2 year-old counts for me and so the dressing coats everything. Set it on the counter.
Go put the tired boy down for a nap.
Come downstairs.
Eat in silence.
Heaven.



From January 2010
4:00 P.M.
Mid-afternoon snack:
1/2 c Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1 medium banana (it is in there... It's just hiding)
1 Tb agave nectar


From January 2010
6:20 P.M.
Dinner

Hawaiian Haystacks

Chicken and sauce:
1 can reduced fat Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup skim milk
4 cooked and shredded chicken breasts

Put in a saucepan and heat up.

The rest:
Brown rice
pineapple tidbits
mixed veggies (for those in the family who are not as adventurous as moi)
red peppers
green peppers
celery
green onions
tomatoes

A slice of whole wheat bread and some pears for the family.

My serving consisted of 1/2 c of brown rice, 1/2 chicken & sauce, several handfuls of fresh veggies (the spoons disappeared) topped with a few tidbits of pineapple. I thought about partaking in some pears, but was full so I passed. I never eat the bread at dinner time. I already had my piece in the wee hours of the morning.

From January 2010
Feast.

Oh - and there's that 24 oz of water in the big ugly, orange cup again.
She goes where I go.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you do this everyday? Ha! Seriously though, so helpful to see what 1700 calories looks like all laid out in the life of a busy mom.

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

I read your blog often and I really enjoy it! A bunch of questions run through my mind though and I have to put them out there, like...

Where do you draw motivation from? Do you get magazines/books, have favorite websites? I loved your comment "you've been given a gift - today" I think I'll blow that up huge and put it up in my kitchen or something:)

What is your take on knee problems? I have the common womanly problem of wide hips and knock-knees that cause my patellas to be pulled outward. Are there knee-friendly alternatives to squats and lunges?

So many STARS so little time! said...

This is helpful Mandi!

Vennesa said...

I love that you get to eat by yourself during nap time! That is my favorite when I can sit down to a yummy healthy meal without any crying, begging, teasing of siblings etc. It doesn't happen often, but it is Heaven!
ps. I'm glad you're back to blogging!

Carley said...

Hey Fit Momma! Thanks to you my shopping list is now a mile long but it will be great to actually have healthy options for the whole family at dinner time. I love working out but don't take the time cook healthy...you have inspired me. Thanks Sista! Good luck with the Insanity.

Related Posts with Thumbnails