| From January 2010 |
Pre-workout scarf down
Today my friendly cup is green with permanent lip stick stains.
| From January 2010 |
Breakfast:
Protein Shake
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop EAS Whey Protein Powder
1/2 frozen banana
1 Tb. almond butta (butter)
1 scoop ground flax seed
| From January 2010 |
Mid-morning snack:
Could this grapefruit and 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese be more beautiful?
I really don't think so.
The grapefruit is gorgeous.
1:30 P.M.
Lunch:
(not pictured)
repeat of yesterday
Pear Walnut Salad
3:30 P.M.
Mid-afternoon snack:
(not pictured)
Pure Protein Bar
![]() |
| From Collages |
Dinner:
We were in a rush to get to basketball practice. The Doc was still working, so it was just me and the kiddos. Nothing fancy here -- but still did the trick for all of us.
Black Bean Soup
2 15 oz cans of black bean soup (undrained)
1 16 oz can of vegetable broth
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tb chili powder
Throw one can of the black beans and the salsa in the food processor and give it a whirl.
Pour the mixture, the other can of black bean soup, vegetable broth, and chili powder in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese if desired.
Turkey Melts
Oroweat Sandwich Thins
Roasted red pepper hummus
Sliced deli turkey
Mozzarella cheese
Turn the oven on broil. Throw the Sandwich Thins on a cookie sheet and broil both sides for 2-3 minutes.
Spread both sides with hummus. Place two slices of deli turkey on one side of the sandwich, sprinkle the other side with mozzarella cheese. Broil again for 2 minutes. Remove from oven then make a sandwich.
Serve with sliced apples and baby carrots.
Serving size for this momma:
1 cup soup
1 sandwich
12 carrots
8 apple slices
Whala! Now, out the door to shoot some hoops.
| From January 2010 |
9:00 P.M.
Still hungry:
Whew, the kids are bathed, read to, prayered, scriptured, sung to, hugged and in bed.
Dinner was a while ago and I'm a bit hungry.
One cup of cold skim milk.
Good night.
Still hungry:
Whew, the kids are bathed, read to, prayered, scriptured, sung to, hugged and in bed.
Dinner was a while ago and I'm a bit hungry.
One cup of cold skim milk.
Good night.



3 comments:
LOVE IT! So helpful. Maybe I should start snapping photos of what we eat and I'd have a better picture how we ended up with the extra... well just "extra".
I think it's great your kids eat so healthy. My kids do pretty good even though they are the pickiest eaters ever - but i have managed to keep them off soda and sugary drinks since day one so I can hang my hat on that. The Doritos - another story.
I really like seeing what you eat daily. It gives me good ideas for what I can/should be eating.
Post a Comment