My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eat With Me: 1/19/10

As you may have guessed, these Eat With Me posts are usually put together after the fact. I eat, take a photo, then blog about it within the next few days.

This Eat With Me was from last Thursday and it was an interesting eating day for two reasons:

1. It was a "Recovery Day" in my workout schedule. That means Yoga. That means only 124 calories burned. That means not as much eating.

2. There was Book Club that night. That means friends. That means late at night. That means lots of really good food.

Hhhmmm... I only had 1,500 calories available to eat that day, so I made my choices very wisely. My game plan was to load up on the high volume, low calorie foods. Quite honestly, I didn't think I could pull it off. But there's a bit of pressure when a camera and a blog are involved, so I decided to see if my little experiment could work. Could I, Mandi E. Reading, actually eat 1,500 calories?

Let's see how it went:

5:45 A.M.
Pre-workout scarf down:

1 slice whole wheat bread

From January 2010
8:30 A.M.
Breakfast:

3/4 cup Egg Scramblers
2 Tb salsa
1/8 of an avacado
1 medium sized banana

205 calories

10:45 A.M.
Mid-morning snack:

Pure Protein bar
(not pictured)
200 calories

From January 2010
1:00 P.M.
Lunch:

1 1/2 cups Vegetable Lentil Soup*
1 pear

*I need to get permission before I share this recipe. It's a killer, but if I share it without my dear red headed friend giving me the go ahead, I'll be in the dog house. I will beg and plead the best I can on your behalf.

383 calories

4:00 P.M.
Mid-afternoon Snack:

Blueberry Protein Shake
(not pictured)

1 cup skim milk
1 scoop EAS Whey Protein Powder
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
5 ice cubes

195 calories

From January 2010
6:00 P.M.
Dinner:

1 yellow squash
1 large zucchini
6 oz grilled chicken
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 Tb Parmesan cheese

315 calories

8:30 P.M.
Book Club:
NADA

Can you believe that? I was so frustrated. I ate soooooo much freaking squash at dinner that I was literally stuffed to the brim. OK, I did have one bite of Jen's Potato Peel Pie (which was very good!) -- but I had to pass on everything else.

So, grand total for the day was 1,351 calories.
It was quite a shocker for me.
I doubt it will ever happen again.

9 comments:

Vennesa said...

You make 1350 calories not look like such a sacrifice. It all looks so good! Especially the soup.
I'm guessing that was the night you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Cher said...

Welcome to my life! 1500 calories or less every day...It's not so bad because I do tons of veggies, few carbs and no dairy. Kind of limits the options you know!

All your food looks yummy! I can't believe you didn't have anything at book club though, I can never pass those opportunities up!

brownymama said...

Ooh. Did you read Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Pie Society? Just read that myself. Now, every time you go to book club it makes me miss my old Texas friends! (;

Anonymous said...

Trainer Momma,
What do you think about this article?
https://www.enhancedfp.com/training/final-nail-cardio-coffin-rachel-cosgrove
I can't believe the results she got!

Chiemi said...

Wow. I cannot believe how much food you can have on with so little calories. You are amazing.

saundra said...

That lentil soup looks de-vine!!! I will have to be sure to keep tabs on your blog to see if you get to post that recipe.
Thanks for dropping my my digs and entering my giveaway. As a mother of only one, the idea of hoping to not deliver is quite comical. Thanks for the comment!

Amy said...

OK... totally interested in how Jen came up w/ that pie. Where was I?!! Oh yeah... too much on my list in life to do. ::LOL::

Tricia said...

Yum, everything looks great!

Unknown said...

I am new to your blog and I am thinking about what I eat. I have no idea what the calorie count is for most things I eat. And since I eat mostly homemade things I don't have a package to go by. How do I figure this out?

Sorry if you have covered this before.

Related Posts with Thumbnails