My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Stocking Stuffers for Fit Mommas

The issue of Christmas stockings is a touchy one for moms. Am I right? Here you are, busting your back side for weeks -- months! -- to make Christmas just right for everyone in your family. You are up late, then up early to get everything set up perfectly. You deserve a stocking busting with goodies, right? Of course, you do, but if you are like me there have been a few Christmases when my stocking was blowing in the wind. Floppy. Empty. Nothing. Nada.



I know I should grow up and get over this -- but obviously I haven't. I am a typical female and it makes me feel good when my husband puts some effort and brain power (and well placed phone calls to my sisters) into buying gifts for me.

A few days before Christmas (like today) I remind him of his job to fill my stocking. He’s done a very good job, I must say. After 14 years of marriage, he also knows who he is married to and knows my definition of Christmas "goodies" are slightly different than most. A stocking full of chocolate Santas and green and red M&M's is very kind – however doesn’t go over very well with this Trainer Momma. It just ends up going into the trash. He’s wisened up and here are some of his greatest hits:

Protein bars
Fresh fruit
Almonds
Walnuts
Fish Oil pills
Killer trail mix
Water bottles
Fitness magazines
Hair clips
iTunes gift cards
hummus
favorite BBQ rub
gift cards for new clothes
gift certificates for massages/pedicures
**some very good, high quality dark chocolate (skip Walgreen's please)

**This is very important.


Did I tell you, or did I tell you? He's become a legend in his own time as an excellent gift buyer and great stocking stuffer. Thanks, my dear!


1 comments:

Amy said...

I agree!! Mike has YET to fill my stocking w/ anything, and mine is flapping in the wind! ... yep, I totally agree, your doc is a great guy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails