My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Pumpkin Perfection

You asked for it, you got it! I have emails and comments every week asking/begging/pleading for more kid friendly recipes. More, more, more! Well, here it is, moms:


The ULTIMATE,

whole wheat pumpkin muffins,

just in time for the start of autumn.


This recipe was shared with me by a dear, very talented friend whose life has crossed with mine and blessed me every time. Alice was a mission companion of mine in Nauvoo, IL over 15 years ago. I peeked over her shoulder, admiring her cook with grace and ease as I plopped my rubbery Lipton noodles out of the pot onto my plate. She taught me then and over again that cooking was the same as any other talent, it must be practiced. I have found over the years this couldn’t be more true. Thanks, Alice, for the wonderful recipes you’ve shared over the years that fill my bulging recipe books and fill my family’s very satisfied stomachs.


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

Recipe by Alice

4 c whole wheat flour

1 tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

2 c brown sugar (loosely packed)

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pie filling)

1 ½ c milk

¼ c canola oil

4 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix until just combined. Bake in well greased muffin tins for 15 minutes or 10 minutes for mini-muffins. Makes about 2 ½ dozen regular sized muffins or a bazillion mini muffins.



5 comments:

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

I like anything pumpkin! Thanks! I can always use some healthy recipes.

Paige said...

I love your latest posts....the lots of small meals really makes sense. I've always heard it, but I love the way you explain it all THANKS!

AliceK[i]ND said...

Wow! You make me sound so amazing! I wish I really were. :) Glad I could help. :P

Kara said...

I made these earlier this week, and they are soooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Alisa J said...

We love pumpkin, so I baked these last night. YUM! The hubby likes them too! To make it even lower calorie I substituted applsauce for the oil. It's yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails