My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fit Momma Question: Toning Up

A Fit Momma posted the following question:

I've started working out and lifting weights for the last couple months... I told [my husband] "I should be seeing results by now !" He told me that some people's bodies' just don't get toned.... NOOOOOOOOOO.... is that possible?? Will I see results if I'm patient and stick with it?!? Anyway, I'm so excited you have this blog- I'll be checkin' up on it!!

My response:

Thanks for the question and checking out the Trainer Momma blog...

Yes, all bodies can get toned, we all have muscle. I'm pretty sure that you are already fairly lean, so off the top of head I have a few suggestions:

1. How often are you lifting? You should be lifting at least 2-3 times a week, around 30-45 minutes a weight lifting session. If you don't know what you are doing, find someone who does. Hire a good trainer for a few sessions and write down the workout and use it for about 6 weeks. Or, go with a friend who knows what they are doing. I will start posting some workouts and moves on my blog to help mix things up for you.

2. Are you getting stronger? Are you upping your weights? You should start seeing that those bicep curls with the 5 lb weights are like lifting air, so you need to start challenging your muscles. I think most women don't lift heavy enough. You will be fine lifting, let's say, up to 10-15 lbs for a bicep curl for between 12-15 reps. Work towards that. Don't worry about getting bulky. As long as you can do 12-15 reps, you will tone, not turn into Arnold Schwarzenegger.

3. If you are not getting a bit sore or tender most of the time you lift, you need to lift heavier and more challenging moves.

4. Nutrition wise, you need to add some whey protein into your daily diet. I buy EAS Whey Protein from Costco and make a smoothie every day. I only use one scoop (around 14 g of protein), 1 c of skim milk, and 1/2 cup of fruit (I like blueberries). That whey protein is great for lean muscle building.

5. Yes, you will see results if you stick with it! Consistency is essential!

6. On my blog I recommend a great book, The ABS Diet for Women. Its food recommendations are what you should be eating to see those muscles pop. You've got a eat right to start seeing that definition and beautiful lines. If possible, try to get your body fat tested. It will be fun to see that body fat % go down.

Good luck, sister! I love the questions and feel free to shoot them my way!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails