My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Calories 1,2,3

A lot can be said about weight loss... But in the end it simply comes down to calories in versus calories out. A very effective way to lose weight is to simply count calories. For some, it only takes a few days to get things under control, and others I work with it requires them to count every last stinking calorie until that last pound is lost. Personally, I need it periodically to grab the reins again and have a few "Oh my gosh, I had no idea there were that many calories in __________(fill in the blank)!!!!" moments.

I have found a few great helps online. They are all FREE (sweet!) and very easy to use. You simply set your weight loss goals, record the food you put in your mouth, and also input your exercise you've done that day. It will help you by setting your allowed calories for the day, letting you know how many calories you've eaten that day, and how many more you have left in order to meet your goals.

Here the ones I've used and that I feel are worth your time:


www.thedailyplate.com
Great selection of foods to input. Probably my fav online.


www.fitday.com
Tried and true. This is the first online one I ever used and I was shocked at how my unlimited handfuls of almonds were killing me! It took seeing the actual numbers on the screen to help me break my almond addiction (I'm now down to one handful a day!).


For you iPhone users out there, this application is called "Lose It!" and it rocks! My husband and I have been using it faithfully for a month now and we LOVE IT. It is simple, easy and hands down my favorite calorie counter out there. Yes, it is free -- so what the heck are you waiting for? You can use it for weight maintenance as well. Brilliant!

3 comments:

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

i think blackberry also has a version of Lose it-

So many STARS so little time! said...

I'm an almond addict as well. Just add it to everything in addition to snacking. Better start tracking!

Vennesa said...

I've been using the Health Tracker at Prevention.com. Besides tracking your food and exercise, set goals, graph your weight, print reports, etc. It's free as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails