My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Book Pick

When recommending a book about fitness, I do not take it lightly. I read a bucket load of fitness books, and a lot of them are in the trash along with the bucket load of baby books I chucked in there over the years. Many are useless. So, when I find a book that resonates with 11 years of my fitness and health obsession -- I want to share it with one and all! I dance a jig! It keeps me up at night! I want to gift it to every one I know. In other words, I get dang excited! This first book is featured in my front room on the book case next to my favorite classics like To Kill a Mockingbird and Pride and Prejudice. I'm not making that up. The book is called:


The ABS Diet for Women
by David Zinczenko

It is much more than just another diet. It is written by the editor-in-chief of Men's Health and Women's Health magazines. He is a funny, clear writer and just explains nutrition and weight lifting in a very simple manner. I agree with him on MOST points in the book (that's another post!). Overall, it is sound, normal, livable guidelines and ones that will get you eating much healthier and exercising much smarter. There is a companion book also to help you make better food choices on the go and is full of more recipies. I also have noticed that he keeps riding the ABS Diet wave, and Zinczenko has come out with additional books, DVD's, etc. I haven't looked into those, however I'm sure it is just more of the same. Good stuff.

**Just to be very clear:
I was not paid, compensated, or asked to review this book in any way shape or form. On this blog, any book or product I recommend is because IT WORKS, not because I was paid to endorse it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

and I testify it works... as long as you do put it to work. :)

I too was not paid.... by Mandi to endorse this product. ::giggling::

Daniel & Jocelyn said...

looks like a good one. I'll check it out. Just wondering what your take is on sugar substitutes? The idea of eating sweet things without the calories is great, but I hear they are bad for you (aspartame, etc.) Whatchya think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails