This one came from my friend Kim. There is some good cooking going on in her kitchen, I tell you. Check out her healthy recipes here.
Sweet Potato Enchiladas
by www.trainermomma.com
source: Kim Hedges
2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
4 Tb fresh cilantro, chopped and divided
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup water
2 Tb chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 Tb soy sauce, reduced sodium
7 or 8 whole wheat tortillas or Flatout Bread
baby spinach leaves, torn
1 can green chili enchilada sauce
1 handful of cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
Peel, cook, and mash sweet potatoes (I steam mine in the microwave until tender).
Mix sweet potatoes and 2 Tb of cilantro in a bowl.
In a medium sized pan, spray nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions on medium high heat until they are translucent. Add garlic, stir for 1 minute. Add beans, water, chili powder, cumin, and soy sauce. Cook and stir until most of the water has been evaporated. Mix in the remainder of the cilantro and remove from heat.
In a tortilla, put 2 Tb or so of sweet potato mixture, then 2 spoonfuls of bean mixture and top with some torn spinach. Roll up and place in a lightly sprayed baking dish. Repeat for the rest of the enchiladas.
Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
Makes 7 servings. 215 calories per serving.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


9 comments:
Yum! Can't wait to try it.
I made your blueberry protein smoothie and love it, my kids love it too! Thanks for all the awesome recipes! (I had the smoothie for dinner last night and then the husband said let's go to Red Robin. I was so full from the smoothie that I didn't order anything and I didn't even sneak a single french fry!!!)
I'm so excited to try this! I LOVE sweet potatoes and mexican food! So there!
These look amazing! I have a recipe somewhere that uses that combination of sweet potato, black bean and baby spinach too and the flavors are just fantastic together. Yum!
Oh YUM. I gotta try these.
This looks insanely good! I can't wait to try it ... and love that it's vegetarian! yay!
Thanks for sharing!
By the way, on my blog, once a month, I post vegan recipes. Could I have you and Kim's permission to post this one with a minor change (vegan "cheese" for regular)? I think my readers would love this one! My blog is all about easy ways to live a greener life and meatless meals is one of the easiest ways. Here's my link:
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com
And I would, of course link back to both you and your friend Kim.
Thanks for considering it! :)
I can't wait to try these enchiladas! They look great! Where do you find all of your recipes - do you come up with a lot of them yourself? Keep them coming :)
I come up with some of them. But, mostly I steal either the entire recipe or the idea from somewhere. If I do, I will always site my source. Like my mom always says: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
Are these something you could make ahead of time and then freeze?
Post a Comment