My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken Hawaiian Salad

If you haven't noticed yet, in addition to green salads,  I LOVE CHICKEN SALAD.  Despite my love affair with it, nobody else in my family likes it.  I don't get it.  They like tuna salads, but no chicken salad?!?

Whatever.  More for me.

P9140017

Chicken Hawaiian Salad
adapted from Kirkland Signature Recipes

1 12.5 oz can of canned chicken
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 medium apple, chopped
1 cup pineapple chunks (tidbits would work even better)
2 Tb raisins
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (when toasted it really brings out the taste)
3 Tb Miracle Whip, light or light mayo
1/2 tsp curry powder

Combine chicken, celery, apple, pineapple, raisins and sesame seeds in a large bowl.  

Mix Miracle Whip and curry powder in a smaller bowl.  Mix in with chicken mixture and toss to coat.

I like to eat this on a bed of greens or in a wrap for food on the go.

168 calories per cup.



Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

3 comments:

aimee @ paging supermom said...

I've been wanting good chicken salad! Thanks... I'm making it tonight!

Alisa J said...

I was really excited about the ingredients, but you really got me at 168 calories per cup! Can't wait to try it!

Lori said...

I'm loving all your salads!

Related Posts with Thumbnails