My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

There are kids and husbands jumping for joy whenever this cake makes an appearance.  We love making it for Sunday dessert, then sending in lunches throughout the week.  And I like scraping the glaze off the cake plate whenever I can.

PA100098

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
by www.trainermomma.com

Cake:
2 1/2 cups whole wheat white flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs or 6 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp grated orange peel
2 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 cup skim milk

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 T of skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all the ingredients for the cake and mix well.

Spray a bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan very well with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour in the batter.  Bake for 45-50 minutes or when a wooden toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 15 minutes.  Turn out on wire rack to cool completely.

Make glaze by beating the ingredients until smooth.  Drizzle glaze over the cake.

Makes 16 slices.  175 calories per slice.

For a printable version of this recipe, click here. 

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

6 comments:

Genevieve said...

This would be PERFECT for my halloween party!! Hooray!!!

Trainer Momma said...

Yes -- this would be great. Then you could actually eat something at the party!

Unknown said...

I might have to try this, I love that it's fat free.

Lori said...

Looks good! I'd love more ideas for healthy foods during the holidays.

Ratliffs said...

Made it tonight for FHE treat and the kids (and I) LOVED it! Thanks for another great recipe! :)

Jen Howick said...

I cannot wait to give this a whirl! I am trying to get a hold of my "need" for sweets, so this will be a great one, I'm sure of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails