My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Boneless Honey BBQ "Wings"

I don't get wings.

When I eighteen I was dating this totally great guy.  However, every week he took me to this local restaurant for "All You Can Eat Wing Night".  Although I cannot remember the name of the restaurant for the life of me, I do remember that boy downing, I'm talking downing plates upon plates of wings.

There were hot wings, mild wings, Teriyaki wings, Ranch wings, Cajun wings, and more.
There were piles of bones every where.
He had sauce dripping down his chip and hands.
He was sucking the meat off the bones and licking the sauce off his fingers.
We never spoke more than two words while at this restaurant.
Apparently all that wing eating was serious business.

Although that wing experience did not leave a good taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively) this one did.  Easy, fast, and no bones.

P7290208

Boneless Honey BBQ "Wings"
by www.trainermomma.com
source:  I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening! by Devin Alexander

1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (find one w less than 9g of sugar and preferably all natural)
2 Tb honey
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
16 chicken tenderloins (about 1 lb), trimmed

Combine the BBQ sauce and honey in a small bowl.  Set aside.

Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, and pepper on tenderloins and toss to combine.

Place a nonstick skillet over high heat.  When hot, spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray.  Lay the chicken side by side in a single layer (work in batches if you need to).  Cook the strips until they are browned on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, around 3-5 minutes per side.

When all the chicken is cooked, turn the heat to low and return all the chicken to the skillet.  Pour BBQ mixture over the chicken and gently stir until all the tenderloins are well coated and the sauce is warm.

Remove pan from heat.

Let the wings sit in the pan for an additional 5 minutes.  Toss them again (the sauce will be a little thicker).  Serve immediately.

Makes 4, 4-wing servings.  164 calories per serving.

For a printer friendly version of this recipe, click here. 

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Gabriela Hull said...

Was it The Crossing? Can't wait to try this one.

Trainer Momma said...

YES! It was the Crossing. Ha! That is a crack up. We just ate these tonight and they disappeared. The family loves them.

Bert and Benton said...

Oh Mandi, you just made my day with tis! The hubs has been craving wings for months now but I refuse cause they're so awful. But, I think these are the answer! I'm trying them this week, hopefully he'll love them.
It was so fun seeing you the other week!! I love your new blonder hair, very cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails