Calorie Budget:
1,742 calories
- 500 weight loss calories
+ 0 workout calories
---------------------
1,242
**I did not count calories on this trip. Too much to juggle on this crazy day. Sorry guys!
Workout:
NOTHING!
2:00 AM bedtime + 7:00 AM flight time = no workout :(
6:00 AM
Breakfast:
Night Before Oatmeal
This is filling breakfast and perfect if you know you have a crazy morning ahead of you. It beats spending your life savings on a greasy breakfast at the airport.
I am a freak.
This is a peek into my carry-on.
I am so paranoid that I will not have good food to eat, that I bring a bagful of my own.
I ended up eating this throughout the weekend.
On the flight:
1 banana
USA Today
USA Today
1 Pure Protein Bar
tons of water (I always sit on an aisle seat because of this :)
More reading in the wonderful world of Sarah Prine.
More reading in the wonderful world of Sarah Prine.
Yep, I avoid the packaged snacks that the airlines offer. The pretzels, Ritz crackers and 100-calories Chips Ahoy do nothing for me. If anything, once in a while I may have a package of the peanuts.
Three hour layover:
grapes
lots of people watching
prepping for this week's EWM posts
lots of people watching
prepping for this week's EWM posts
Late lunch:
Hallelujah I found a "build-your-own" salad shop!
Spinach salad
chicken
cucumbers
tomatoes
red onions
parmesan cheese
mandarin orange (one I brought from home)
Balsamic vinaigrette
All for the meager price of $10.00! That's with NO DRINK.
All in the name of healthy eating, right?
I would spend that kind of $$$ again if it meant a killer salad.
In the hotel afternoon snack:
peach
beef jerky
Let's hit the town!
Pre-show dinner:
1 vegetarian wrap
(chick peas, spinach, goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, whole wheat wrap)
water
Times Square, baby.
They were filming some Justin Timberlake movie.
He grabbed me, planted a juicy one on me, then while breathing heavily begged me to be his leading lady in the film.
I declined.
I told him I'm taken.
I told him in time he'd get over me.
:)
Post show:
I went to one of the many cupcake shops toying with the idea of getting a NY treat for myself.
I discovered very fast, however, that it is a city law to post the calorie count on all food items.
After seeing the whopping calorie amounts on all these cupcakes, I went home empty handed.
I just couldn't get myself to do it.
Instead, I ate an apple and 2 handfuls of my homemade snack mix:
cranberries
walnuts
almonds
Well, it was around 1 AM and I finally went to sleep. It seems I do that every time I'm in the Big Apple.
Good night (yes, I brought ear plugs since this city truly never does sleep).
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!














4 comments:
Ahh...Sarah Prine...easily some of my very favorite reads. And it appears we both love oatmeal for breakfast, too! I'll eat it all year long...even in the hot summer. (I can't quite stomach it cold, however. You're basically superwoman for that!) Goodness gracious...you're just awesome!
When I visited NY last year I loved the fact that they posted calories. I think it should be a law everywhere!
Awesome trip! I can't believe you manage to be a great eater while on vaca too! Wow.. you are my hero! To answer your question, Candy and I lived across the street from each other in Provo and we had some of the same friends. She just reminded me that I was the first person she told that she liked her husband after their first date. Ahhh....
Awesome to meet you at BlogHer! I can't believe how healthy you managed to eat in NYC. I have a feeling that following your blog is going to put me to shame on more occasions than this one :-)
Post a Comment