My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad

When I saw Z is for Zest put three of my favorite words together - curry, chicken, and salad -- I was there.

Z is for Zest is a gorgeous food blog and heaven knows I am a sucker for a killer food blog.  I adore Heather's sparkly site and her personality to match.  This gal has got the training to back her up as well.  She graduated a year ago with a Culinary Arts Degree (I secretly desire to follow in her footsteps someday).  Her site combines her talent in the kitchen as well as behind a camera.  Every time she posts, I am there.  You should seriously check it out.



Chicken Curry Salad
 adapted from  Z is for Zest (find original recipe here)

2 cans (12.5 oz) of cooked chicken
1/2 red onion, small dice
1/2 green apple, cored and small dice
1/2 tomato, small dice
1/4 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
1 T. cilantro, minced
1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
1 T. curry powder
1 tsp. pepper
mixed salad greens

Mix together and enjoy on a bed of spinach.  Or in a sandwich.  Or on a pita.  Or straight out of the bowl.

Servings:  4
278 calories per serving

For a printable version of this recipe, click here.

Like this?  Want more?  Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here.  Thanks!

5 comments:

The White Family said...

Thanks for the mentions. I really appreciate it BUT (always a but), canned chicken? I think I may have let out a tiny scream. Teasing. Hope all the fit mommas enjoy the recipe.

Heather

Trainer Momma said...

I knew you would :) I just wanted to eat it at that moment, and grabbed some canned chicken. I think I should come to your house and you cook for me. Heaven :)

Chiemi said...

That sounds so yummy! Just a tip on getting shredded chicken the non canned route, but quick and easy. I like to buy boneless skinless chicken breasts when they are on sale. So I buy a bunch. Half of them I throw into a pot and boil and then shred. Portion into baggies label and freeze. When next you need shredded chicken your handy little baggies await your use. :) I haven't bought canned chicken in years.

The White Family said...

Chiemi, interesting concept. And... it doesn't come out dry? I may have to give this a whirl.

Heather

Jessica said...

This recipe looks amazing and it may just find itself on my menu this week.
For shredded chicken I throw 4-5 skinless/boneless chicken breasts into my crockpot and let them cook all day on low. I may add a splash of chicken stock to the pot (if I have some handy, but the chicken will cook in it's own liquid). Once they are cooked I shred them with two forks and add a little of the stock to the baggies and then freeze them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails