My friend Katie is a whiz in the kitchen and pretty much at everything else she touches. She served this to us gals at a luncheon at her house and I've been making it myself ever since. It is THE crunchiest salad on the planet.
by Cooking Light, August 2007
SLAW:
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped sugar snap peas
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 (10-ounce) package angel hair slaw
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
DRESSING:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
To prepare slaw, combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
To prepare dressing, combine cider vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour dressing over the slaw; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and sesame seeds before serving.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
152 calories per serving
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!


7 comments:
1 1/2 cups of slaw for 152 calories? Am I in a dream? This recipe looks awesome!
I did look at that number twice -- It's the one Cooking Light provided. I did at about 4 oz of chicken to my salad, which was probably more calories. And I do eat more than 1 1/2 cups of this salad. But, the dressing has no oil, I think that is where it saves on calories. I adore this salad, really.
Yum!! Thank you for another great looking recipe! I will try this one for sure because I am in love with vinegar these days for some odd reason.
ooh, that looks amazing.
I have another hard question. I'll email you.
Yum. I want some right now!
That looks GREAT! I love asian chicken stuff but normally it's so calorific. And it doesn't even have peanuts in it which means the hubbs can eat it too. Yay! So on my list for dinner next week.
I love this salad too. Been making it since I saw it in the mag. I add a can of mandarin oranges too. yum!!!
Post a Comment