I went to Target and let Johnny Scott, the boy who insists on growing up, walk instead of ride in the cart. We were checking out the dollar bins when I heard a huge smashing of glass. Yep, it was Johnny Scott production: he had grabbed a railing on a shelf, loosened it, and all the glass vases came crashing down in pieces all around him (he was fine).
After recovering from this mess, I went out to the van in the parking lot. Both sliding doors were left wide open. Smooth, Mandi.
I came home to the most rancid smell in the laundry room. Without even taking time to take my purse off my shoulder, I tore that room apart until I discovered the foul culprit: a stiff towel used to clean up rotten milk. Blah. It was so hopeless it went straight into the outside garbage can.
And, to complicate things, we are doing this, again:
Yep, potty training for Kid #3. Never a painless experience. It was his idea, I swear. I have not encouraged this three-year-old to dump the diapers at all. I was fine with the status quo, but he is determined to grow up.
I just spent 20 minutes reading "The Berenstain Bears" sitting on the floor of our bathroom. Just waiting. Waiting. Waiting. It worked :)
The dog got out AGAIN. I threw Underwear Boy in the car (sans shorts) and we made our regular rounds around the neighborhood to find our overly social Buddy. I heard where he was before I found him: absolutely terrorizing two chihuahuas who were leaping all the way up to their owner's shoulders. These dogs were catching so much air they must have a vertical leap that rivals LeBron James. It was quite impressive, actually. I sped the car toward the screaming dogs, opened the van door, yelled Buddy's name, he turned and soared into the car and I peeled out making a speedy getaway, lamely yelling an apology out my window to the poor chihuahua owner with the claw marks down her cheeks.
When I got home, I was determined to start getting something done (it was nearly noon) and was glad Johnny Scott was keeping himself busy with the new buckets I got for him this morning. I'm so clever. I walked into the kitchen to find this:
Apparently, he decided it was time to plant a garden -- IN MY KITCHEN. And, of course, the new buckets were not cutting it, so he had to use my bowls, cups, colander, and utensils.
Well, I tell myself, at least I got my workout in. I went through the entire hour, rocked out to "Eye of the Tiger" (yea for Pandora for slipping that one in!), went to stretch afterward and caught a glance of this:
Yes, two different socks.
And no one even said anything.
Now, THAT is funny.
Like this? Want more? Subscribe to Trainer Momma's RSS feed by clicking here. Thanks!




12 comments:
Sounds like my life!!!! I did run for the first time today since running my half marathon 2 weeks ago. Felt like a champ pushing my baby girl who is almost pottie trained! Yahoo!!!!
about the sock thing ... you're so cool! we bought THREE socks at Justice for my daughter the other day ... none of which matched the other. that is "the" style these days. :) i'm about ready to start potty training #3 - and my dogs get out often but will not come back to me ... only to strangers. go figure! have a great day!
Ha! I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at the mismatched socks. I once had such a day and went to the gym in two different shoes.
Hope your day improves!
i'm so glad you're real. i can SO relate to this post!
Well, I'm glad to learn that I am so with it by wearing mismatched socks. I should go back to the gym and inform them that THEY are the ones who are not cool!
HAAAA!
Well I have to say it is nice to hear these stories from other moms because a day like this is not at all unusual in my house. In fact, just this morning I took my kids to school, hit Target, the library and the grocery store with my shirt on inside out. No one told me either and I saw A LOT of fellow mothers. I probably just made them feel good about themselves for being dressed properly.
Um, okay, best post EVER. I especially liked the pic of Johnny Scott's tooshie. And the mismatched socks! Awesome. You rock.
You're headline asking, "So, Fit Momma, what do you think?" makes me think I have to be fit to comment. I'm not, but I do have a very fit mouth. I love little boy undies! And I love that I am not the only mother with kids who terrorize stores when they aren't restrained by the cart. Hope tomorrow is better. Although that wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.
Oh Mandi.... I'm just cracking UP at this post! and to top it off w/ the socks?!! Perfect!! Just LOVE my Johnny Scott & his adorable face (and cheekies!)
Very entertaining indeed! Thanks for the laugh.
I'm glad other moms have those days. I once went to pick Hailey u pfrom preschool and when I got back in the car I realized I had a red shoe and a black shoe on. They weren't even close. :)
Post a Comment