My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Eat With Me: 3/29/10

Let's eat, my friends!

Calorie bank:

1,482 in the calorie budget + 399 workout calories = 1,821




5:30 AM
Pre-workout scarfdown:

1 slice of whole wheat bread

120 calories

P3220011

8:00 AM

Breakfast:

1/4 cup steel cut oats
cinnamon
vanilla
1/2 cup berries
splash of skim milk
2 Tb chopped walnuts
2 Tb ground flax seed

I just put the steel cut oats, walnuts, flax, cinnamon, and vanilla in the microwave with about 1 cup of water and zapped it for 5 minutes.  I stirred it briefly, then let it cook for another 5 minutes.  To put some moisture back in, I added a bit of skim milk and threw the berries on top.

Oh my, yum.


391 calories


P3220012


10:45 AM
Mid-morning snack:

1 medium orange
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

172 calories

P3230049

1:00 PM
Lunch:

Turkey Wrap:

1 Flat Out bread
1 Tb Dijon mustard
2 slices of deli turkey
1 sliced egg white
1/4 sliced tomato
sliced peppers
1 cup fresh spinach
2 Tb feta cheese

2 cups of grapes

374 calories

P3230002

4:00 PM

Mid-afternoon snack:

1 Banana Protein Shake

213 calories

P3230011

6:00 PM

Dinner:

  Cafe Rio Copy Cat Salad
(recipe here)

350 calories 

P3230015

9:00 PM
Evening snack:

29 biscuits (that's how they label their serving size!  I was cracking up!)
3/4 cup of skim milk

248 calories


Over by 48 calories.  Oops! 

6 comments:

megan said...

I have been meaning to ask:
"If I roll out of bed at 5:30am and put my shoes on, then head to the gym...do I still have to eat something first??"
But seeing your time today I guess that answers my question! My house is so dark...scrounging for food seems too difficult - even though I know about getting the body going etc...just..man that's tough!
Oh..one more question...what are the "workout calories" from? do you get to subtract any for working out?? :)

Alicia said...

What exactly are steel oats?

Trainer Momma said...

Steel Cut Oats -- They are the same oats as in oatmeal, but they are cut differently. They take a bit longer to cook and have a different texture. As far as nutrients -- the same as rolled oats.

Trainer Momma said...

Megan -- I am going to have to do another post on clarifying how I count my calories. It is fuzzy to a lot of readers. I don't subtract any calories for working out -- I add them back in. It seems counterproductive, but its just how the numbers and body work. I provided the Harris Benedict formula for calculating your caloric needs -- I however and NOT using that formula when I post my calories. I use my Lose It! app on my phone and my HRM to track my calories burned during a workout. They do all the thinking and adding for me. If I didn't have those tools, however, I would stick with the Harris Benedict Formula and not be adding back in the workout calories (that is already accounted for when figuring the numbers in the formula).

Does this help?

Nutritious Foodie said...

Do you do a calorie count every day?

Do you log it somewhere to see what the cals are or do you just keep a journal of it?

Trainer Momma said...

I don't do a calorie count every day -- just about twice a week so I can blog about it. Before I was blogging about what I was eating, I would count my calories for about 2 weeks, then take a break for a few months, then do it again to keep myself honest.

I use Lose It! -- an application on my iPhone. Before that I used online calorie counters like www.fitday.com or www.mydailyplate.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails