Today is a special day.
It used to be that on a "special day", my breakfast would look something like this:

My lunch would look similar to this:

And dinner, needless to say, would look like this:

And guess what? During the course of this "special day", I ended up feeling like this:

After sabotaging every birthday, anniversary, holiday and every other day that I designated "special" -- I have told myself I'm done. Enough.
Now, after 35 years of MUCH trial and error, well, you pretty much can guess what my meals look like on these "special days" (you can find a bucketload of them here).
And YES! I did allow myself to celebrate with a bit of this "special" stuff with some very special friends:

12 comments:
wanted u to know i have COMPLETELY changed my eating ENTIRELY because of you-serious-no joke.
my "special treat" for today surprisingly was ONE tiny piece of see's candy THAT I STILL HAD FROM XMAS--dude ya--im that good now!
thanks for your photos and eat like me's-they are so helpful
now if we can JUST GET that lower body workout -you'd be my idol! HA
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday. And I'm proud of you and your changes.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! We almost share special days. Mine is tomorrow and I'm turning 30!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!! Thank you for your inspiring food journals on healthy eating....I am not completely there yet, but working on it!
The kids are still finishing off that cake. I wish they'd do it a bit faster.
Happy belated b-day. I think St patty's day Birthdays are so cool!! "lucky you". You are so inspirational. I'm still working on making it a "lifestyle" but I know it's going to happen! I made rainbow cupcakes for my daughter to take to her Young Womens and she didn't end up taking them so I delivered them to all the neighbors instead of keeping them around! =D yay!!
Happy birthday. I think that a special treat now and then is a-ok
Well Happy Birthday! You, my cutie pie sis-in-law, st. patty and the relief society all share the same special day.
Happy Birthday! I hope it was wonderful and that you feel the love and admiration of all those around you (and not so around you, like me!)
Post a Comment