My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eat With Me: 1/14/10

Some good eating goin' on around these here parts. 1,700-ish (1,733 to be exact) calories. I've also included the calorie count per meal/snack as well for your reading pleasure:

5:45
Pre-workout scarf down:
(not pictured)
1 slice of whole wheat bread

120 calories

From Eat With Me Pics
8:30 A.M.
Breakfast:

1 whole wheat english muffin
1 Tb all natural peanut butter
1/2 banana
1 cup skim milk

368 calories


From Eat With Me Pics
11:00 A.M.
Mid-morning snack:

Pure Protein Bar
(Wow. My older sister always teased me growing up that I had "elephant knee" knuckles. Was she spot on, or what?)

200 calories

From Eat With Me Pics
1:00 P.M.
Lunch:

Tuna Salad

1/2 cup albacore tuna
1 Tb miracle whip light
red grapes
1/2 of an apple
1/3 cucumber
1 stalk celery
1 Tb chopped walnuts
red onion to taste
1/4 of an avacado

300 calories

From January 2010
4:00 P.M.
Mid-afternoon snack:

1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 c blueberries
1 Tb agave nectar

150 calories


From January 2010
5:00 P.M.
They were calling my name:

1/2 oz candied walnuts from Christmas
(Still sporting the elephant skin look, apparently.)

164 calories

From January 2010
5:30 P.M.
Dinner:

Turkey Meatballs (from Costco)
1-2 Tb Apricot Glaze (see recipe below)
2 cups steamed green beans
1/3 apple

341 calories

Apricot Glaze

1/2 cup Apricot fruit spread
1/2 BBQ sauce

Just mix over stove until boiling, then reduce heat.

Before bed:
1 cup of skim milk

90 calories



8 comments:

Chiemi said...

Yum!

Gabriela Hull said...

That looks so good! I haven't seen the turkey meatballs at my Costco. Are they in the frozen foods?

lbb said...

Love this again. You're realistic and eat the same stuff I adore and make myself. It's not some complicated recipe to eat well. Simple food. You're the best and my hero!

Vennesa said...

I love the "Eat With Me" Posts. Keep them coming.
(I do the banana and natural PB thing too.)

Trainer Momma said...

Yes - turkey meatballs are found in the frozen section at Costco. Along with all the other good stuff I can't help from jumping into my cart. Man, that place hurts the bank account.

Anonymous said...

you make healthy eating look so good and so colorful!

I have a ?? in your calorie post you described yourself as moderately active. But a few days later you said you had just finished P90X. Since you are also a busy mother and personal trainer I'd hardly thin the rest of your day is sedentary. Wouldn't you fall into the Very Active range? Or have I been kidding myself all these years?

Trainer Momma said...

You know, I went back and forth about which category I should put myself in, Michelle. It just boiled down to I wanted TO BE SURE to drop some lbs, which means a lower calorie range. So I went for the the moderately active. The info I had led me to believe I could have chosen either category -- either moderately active, or very active. Frankly, I workout early morning, every morning very hard for an hour (or two depending on the day) but the rest of the day I'm taking care of business around town, the house, and this blog which is pretty passive. Again, I just want to see results in the end, so I went for the moderately active range. Thanks for asking!

Stacy of KSW said...

Wow - I'm so happy you found me on twitter. I clicked over to your site and am thrilled at what I've found. I can;t wait to "get to know you" better through your archives. I'm even more excited you're a fellow SA mom. Here's to a great year full of healthful meals, quality workouts and a whole lot of moving our bodies :) I'm on a mission to lose the last 20 pounds of my baby weight (3 kids in 39 months) and I know you'll be a terrific resource on my journey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails