My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eat With Me: 1/12/10

Another day. Another glorious 1,700 calories:

5:45 A.M.
Pre-workout scarf down:
(not pictured)
1 slice of whole wheat bread
24 oz of water




8:15 A.M.
Breakfast:

Banana Protein Shake

1 cup skim milk
1 scoop Whey Protein Powder
1 small banana
1 scoop ground flax seed

Somebody wants a taste.



10:45 A.M.
Mid-morning snack:

Pure Protein Bar


1:00 P.M.
Lunch:

Salad

1 1/2 c spinach
1 1/2 c romaine lettuce
1/3 of an apple
1/4 c grapes
1/2 cup garbanzo beans
1 Tb chopped pecans
1 oz goat cheese
1/4 of an avocado

Drizzled with 1 Tb light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.


4:00 P.M.
Mid-afternoon snack:

1 cup fat free plain yogurt
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 packets of Stevia

6:00 P.M.
Dinner:

Salmon burgers (the kids had the whole wheat buns, I passed on them)
Salad with Italian dressing (see recipe below)
Italian baked squash (I need to perfect this recipe before I pass it on. I liked it, but -- let's just say I had the entire dish to myself)

Italian Salad Dressing
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com

Dry Italian Seasonings Mix:

1 Tb garlic salt
1 Tb onion powder
1 Tb white sugar
2 Tb dried oregano
1 t ground black pepper
1/4 t dried thyme
1 t dried basil
1 Tb dried parsley
1/4 t celery salt

In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients.

For a dressing, whisk together 1/4 apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 T water, and 2 T of the dry Italian mix.

Do you see that cute little salad dressing mixer on the left? It was a gift from my dear friend Amy. Take a good look at it, because it's the last time you'll ever see it. The Doc was having a ball whisking the dressing away, dropped it, broke it, and I was lucky to get a tablespoon of the dressing. All in a day's work. May the cute salad mixer R.I.P. (and Amy -- I'M SO SORRY!).



8:45
I'm still hungry and have some extra calories:

1 cup skim milk
1 slice of whole wheat bread
1 Tb apricot fruit spread


4 comments:

lbb said...

Super helpful! That salad looks yummy! And those fresh blueberries! Way to go!

Amy said...

I'll look to see if I can find the manufacturer's info on my container.... :) Jared already messaged me asking where I got it. :)

OK... next time, can you add the calories to each group? Y'know I love making you work extra hard! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm surrounded by a bunch of natural skinnies and it's nice to see that other people have to work at it! Thanks for all the meal ideas!

Chiemi said...

YUM! Your whole days worth of food looks so yummy! Would it be possible to a blog post on healthy food on a budget?

Related Posts with Thumbnails