My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Whole Wheat Pancakes

When the Doc and I were married about two years, I decided to be noble and invite my in-laws to breakfast. We lived in a one bedroom apartment, the kitchen was a postage stamp, and I was getting excited until I realized I could not feed them cold cereal. I would have to cook for them which could involve something very dangerous like turning on the stove. In a panic I called my sister-in-law (a.k.a. Master of the Kitchen) and she patiently walked me through making pancakes and scrambled eggs. This is a true,pathetic story.

I have since spent much more time in the kitchen battling the stove and have realized it is my favorite place in the house.

Here's another perfect recipe from my gourmet-cook-and-friend-in-one Alice. She passed this along a few years ago and it quickly earned its place as a standard at our house. I like to double the recipe, freeze the other pancakes, and break them out once a week for a quick, hot breakfast. Or my two-year old just likes to carry one around as a snack occasionally.



Whole Wheat Pancakes
2 c whole wheat flour
2 T sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c skim milk
2 eggs
2 T canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Turn griddle onto medium. Stir all ingredients together until smooth.

*I like to let my batter sit for about 5-10 minutes here. It just seems to thicken slightly and not be so runny.

Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter on hot griddle. When the bubbles form and when it is brown on the bottom, flip it!

Makes around 16 pancakes.
Calories: 93 calories per pancakes
(Thanks to the Doc for figuring out the calorie count!)


1 comments:

Alicia said...

YES! YES! YES! I have actually been searching for a good whole wheat pancake recipie. Breakfast tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails