My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.trainermomma.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fit Momma Question: The Tree Part II

I got this question from Jocelyn and it is a good one (as are all of Jocelyn's lovely questions):

Great analogy! So does that mean that after the fitness tree has grown strong and one has become "skinny" or "fit" they don't rely on weight lifting and cardio as much as just nutrition?

The answer is we do this until we die. All of it. The tree will weaken without all three components -- nutrition, cardio, weight lifting -- no matter how skinny you are.

I am very close with some people in my life that really do not exercise a lick, but eat meticulously. They are still in their skinny jeans and they look marvelous. I admire their discipline, however their heart needs to be pumping a bit harder each day and the muscles need to be challenged several times a week in order to last. We have these bods for a lifetime and good nutrition, cardio, and resisitance training is what it will take to make these babies go for the long haul.

I work out at the gym with 93 year-olds who are eating right, walking everyday and lifting weights. My heros! If we want to care for our bodies properly, function and feel good -- we do it until we are in our grave (oh, and how nice we will look in that casket! :) OK,too morbid). Yes, looking good is a nice perk, but our insides need it as much as our outside.

**However, probably the week or two before I die I will be going to Baskin Robbins daily for a double scoop of Jamoca Almond Fudge.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hmm... never tried Jacoma ice cream. Jamoca I have tried! Haha! I loved the tree analogy! Great one Mandi!

Paige said...

What a wonderful BLOG!!! You never cease to amaze me!! I will be checking this a lot...thanks so much!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails